Leveraging your business online requires several components. For the next two blog posts, I’ll be talking about the benefits of establishing an ezine for your business, and why you’ll want to publish an ezine. In subsequent blog posts, I’ll be talking about ways to build your email list.
So, why should you consider publishing an ezine?
- Establish yourself as a trusted expert. People search online for information and will look to you, as a subject matter expert, to provide it to them. Every week (or whatever schedule works) provides an opportunity to build on this, while reinforcing your brand.
- Build a relationship with the people on your list. It’s common knowledge that people like to buy from people they like. By using ezines to connect with readers in their homes, you can develop a relationship of familiarity and trust. Be sure to share a little about yourself or your company in every issue, whether it is an anecdote, event, or employee spotlight.
- Keep in touch with prospects and clients. Consideration should be given to eventually developing two ezines: one for prospects and one for clients, as each require different information. This is a great way to notify your readers of weekly specials or upcoming product launches, offer new articles or customer stories, and provide links (or urls) to updated FAQs, blogs and splash pages.
- Drive traffic to your website or blog. As noted in #3, remember to call attention to new blog posts or other changes to your website with links directly to those pages. Remind readers of your online newsletter archives. Promote special sales (maybe with discount coupon codes only for subscribers) with a link to the sales page. Use links to turn your ezines and newsletters into “silent salespersons”– driving traffic to your website and building your lists around the clock.
- Build content on your website. Make a habit to adding your ezines and newsletters to your website in an archive area. This serves a several important purposes:
- Visitors can read an issue or two to determine if your ezine will be of interest to them, which could help to increase sign-ups and potential sales.
- If you optimize your article placements, you will not only make your website “meatier”, but you’ll also bring new traffic from the search engines.
Are you publishing an ezine for your business? If so, please feel free to join the conversation and share your tips by commenting!