- Ease of Publication: Gone are the days of writing for guidelines, trying to squeeze your writing into a publishers formula, then waiting for an acceptance or rejection. Today you can publish yourself. You can go from editing to publication online in a few minutes. Wow! What a great change.
- No Overhead: When you publish an eBook online you automatically cancel out the large overhead of traditional publishing. An eBook is self contained on your hard drive. There are no stocking fees, printing fees or other overhead expenses at all.
- Low Distribution costs: Another plus for eBooks is the zero to low distribution costs. Also you are in direct control of these costs. When you go the eBook route you decide which booksellers and publishers you allow to sell your work. In this way you can bring your distribution costs down to zero or very low up front fees from the publishers.
- Freedom: eBooks give us a sense of freedom most people are not familiar with yet. We can set our own schedules and even sell the eBook on auto pilot 24/7. We no longer have to design long announcement schedules or promotion days. We can wake up and do our marketing and promotion early in the morning or late in the afternoon. We are in total control, which gives up an incredible freedom.
- Self-fulfillment: eBooks exist in a world of self-fulfillment. After the buyer pays for the eBook they are taken to a download page where they can download the eBook instantly onto their hard drives. Once you as the author set up your sales page and download page you are done with fulfillment completely. You can sit back and allow the Internet to work its wonders.
- Design your own future: One of the really incredible aspects of selling eBooks is the ability to design your own future. Really! You are no longer tied to a job waiting for retirement age hoping you’ll have enough to live on. Once you are through the initial learning curve her on the Internet you can then program your future.
- Helping others: This is my favorite reason to create, write and sell eBooks. You can take the knowledge you have, put it into an easy to read and understand written form. Then you can release this capsule of information into the public arena. Knowledge is always sought after and you can answer some of that longing. Your knowledge is out there helping people all over the world. Wow!
Now what? Use that electronic book as an enticement on your website to secure e-mail addresses. A simple form requesting your visitors name and e-mail address, in return for a copy of your e-book (full of valuable information). It’s the beginning of an e-mail marketing strategy!