Press releases are one of the most cost-effective ways to get promotion for your online business. Many entrepreneurs ignore this type of promotion because they don’t know how to write a press release. It’s important to promote your online business with press releases because of the media all over the internet. The following is a list of some common press release writing tips:
- your press release should sound like news, not an ad
- you should only send your press release to the media related to the topic of your press release
- keep your press release one page in length
- your header, contact information and release date should be at the top of your press release
- use short sentences and double space in between sentences
- your header and first few sentences should capture the readers attention
- you should tell a story and briefly mention your business, product or service in the body of the press release
- proofread your press release many times. Look for grammar and spelling mistakes.
You can get other press release writing tips and ideas by reading other businesses press releases, reading how to publications, talking to experts and visiting other media web sites. A Goggle search for online press release directories will yield you plenty of site to submit your press release. Good luck!