- Solve an existing problem for people. There are
thousands of problems in the world. Create a product
that can provide a solution to one of those problems.
- Find out what’s the current hot trend. You can find
out what the new trends are by watching T.V, reading
magazines and surfing the net. Just create a product
that’s related to the current hot trend.
- Improve a product that is already on the market.
You see products at home, in ads, at stores etc. Just
take a product that’s already out there and improve it.
- Create a new niche for a current product. You can
set yourself apart from your competition by creating a
niche. Your product could be faster, bigger, smaller,
or quicker than you competitor’s product.
- Add on to an existing product. You could package
your current product with other related products. For
example, you could package a football with a team
jersey and football cards.
- Reincarnate an older product. Maybe you have a
book that’s out of print and is no longer being sold.
You could change the title, design a new front cover,
and bring some of the old content up to date.
- Ask your current customers. You could contact
some of your existing customers by phone or e-mail
and ask them what kind of new products they would
like to see on the market.
- Combine two or more products together to create
a new one. For example, you could take a brief case
and add a thermos compartment inside to keep a
drink hot or cold.
- Survey the people who visit your web site. You
could post a survey or questionnaire on your web site.
Ask visitors what kind of products they would like to
see on the market.
- You could create a new market for your existing
product. For example, if you’re selling plastic bottles
to a pop company, you could turn around and sell
those bottles to a fruit drink company.
Recommended Reading:Create Your Own Info Products